Monday 4 June 2012

Crochet baby sandals


I have searched high and low for some soft baby sandals in the shops but the only ones I can find are made from hard material! Why would you put hard sandals on a 5 month old baby I dont know but there you go.

Anyway, I decided to make my own! Very easy and quick to make and due to the high ankle strap, they actually stay on!!!

(look how cute his little toes look!)

Free Pattern, Crochet baby sandals





6mm crochet hook
scraps of dk wool(no idea how much I used, I found a massive tangle of it in the knitting bag and used that!)

sole (made from back of the foot to the front)
ch5
2sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc across, 2sc in last stitch
sc across
repeat last two rows until 10 stitches
sc across row x 4
sc4, sc2tog,sc4
sc across
sc2tog, sc to last 2, sc2tog
rep until 3 stitches left, fasten off

Heel
ch 16
sc 15 x 3 rows
sc2tog, sc across to last 2, sc2tog
sc across
at end of row chain 12
dc across and fasten off


Front bar
ch 8
sc across row (7 stitches) x 7 fasten off.
Finishing
sew heel to back of sole, sew front bar across front of sole (see picture)
attach button and weave in ends!



 I know they are rubbish photos but trying to get a 5 month old to keep his foot still is hard work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment