Tuesday 24 January 2012

Knitted hat for Thom

Well after the shock of Thom being early, having an emergency csection and the neonatal stay, I have picked up my knitting needles again and have made my teeny headed son a hat that actually fits!




I've knitted this hat previously for new baby gifts but didnt get a chance to make one for him before he was born! The pattern is 'Little Boy Blue Ribbed Baby Hat and if you're looking for a hat pattern I would really recommend it, very easy and quick!



I had to alter the pattern slightly to make it smaller, cast on the same amount of stitches but just reduced the height a bit so it wasnt sticking up miles off the top of his head.


On a side note, Thom was weighed this morning - gone from 4 lbs 9 to 5lbs 7 in 6 days! He'll be in newborn size clothes soon!!!

Mauv and Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment